Tawas Point Lighthouse
The Tawas Point Lighthouse is closed at this time. Due to the pandemic, no date has yet been determined for opening the building. If the lighthouse does open at some point, Friends will not be sponsoring Tuesdays at the Lighthouse in 2020.
Note: A Michigan State Parks Recreation Passport is required for entry to the park. Click here additional information on obtaining a Recreation Passport.
The lighthouse is open from Friday, May 1 through Monday, October 28. For specific dates and times, check out Hours at a Glance.
Tickets are available at the Museum Store. Proceeds help fund the restoration of and exhibits for the lighthouse and lighthouse keeper's quarters.
Admission for guided tours of the lighthouse:
· $5 for adults
· $2 for children ages 5 to 17
· Children ages 4 or younger admitted free
· Tours are limited to the hours listed below with a maximum of 20 people per tour.
· Only 5 people can be in the tower at a time.
· Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
· Backpacks may not be worn on the tower stairs. There is an alcove at the foot of the stairs to leave them at the bottom.
· For safety, children cannot be carried up the tower stairs, either in arms or in a baby carrier.
· The groups for climbing to the lantern room in the tower will be managed by the Keepers.
· No wet bathing suits are allowed in the lighthouse and shoes must be worn. No food or drink is allowed.
· No animals are allowed in the lighthouse with the exception of ADA certified service dogs. Comfort and emotional support dogs do not qualify.
· Visitors may not be in the tower during a storm if lightning occurs. The Keepers will monitor the weather and determine when tours can resume.
Click here for Hours at a Glance.