Tawas Point Lighthouse
2022 Season Dates and Hours
Note: A Michigan State Parks Recreation Passport is required for entry to the park.
The lighthouse is open from Wednesday, May 18 through Monday, October 3 from noon to 5 p.m. The last tour begins at 4 p.m. See table below for specific dates and times. This information is subject to change as necessary.
Tickets are available at the Gift Shop which is located near the lighthouse.
Admission for guided tours of the lighthouse:
· $5 for adults
· $2 for children ages 5 to 17
· Children ages 4 or younger admitted free, must be accompanied by an adult
· See schedule below for “by donation” dates
· Tours are limited to the hours listed below with a maximum of 20 people per tour.
· Only 5 people can be in the tower at a time.
· Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
· Backpacks may not be worn on the tower stairs. There is an alcove at the foot of the stairs to leave items
at the bottom.
· For safety, children cannot be carried up the tower stairs, either in arms or in a baby carrier.
· The groups for climbing to the lantern room in the tower will be managed by the Keepers.
· No wet bathing suits are allowed in the lighthouse and shoes must be worn.
· No food or drink is allowed.
· No animals are allowed in the lighthouse except certified Service Dogs. Emotional Support or Therapy
dogs are not allowed.
· Visitors may not be in the tower during a storm if lightning occurs. The Keepers, in communication with
the State Park staff, will monitor the weather, and determine when tours may resume before or after the
Click here for a printable copy of the visitor guide including lighthouse and gift shop hours.